Monday, May 25, 2009

Chloe's Diary-By Megan

August 29th, 2001

Dear Diary,

Today Daddy and I are going to the New York Mets baseball game. Daddy took the day off from his work at the Twin Towers. I am so excited! Daddy and I love to spend time together.

Sincerely,
Chloe
P.S. Go Mets!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
August 31st, 2001

Dear Diary,

Sorry I couldn’t write yesterday. I had to go to school early because I had to practice my clarinet. Then after school I had to go to dance. I’m having Sarah spend the night tonight. Daddy is taking us to the movies. Mommy just went to Philadelphia on business. Got to go. Sarah is here.

Sincerely,
Chloe

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
September 3, 2001

Dear Diary,
Mommy came back while I was at school. Daddy is taking us to the Hardrock Café! I really missed Mommy!

Sincerely,

Chloe

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
After Dinner

Dear Diary,
When we were at the Hardrock Café, Mommy and Daddy told me that they are going to take me to see the Radio City Rockets for my birthday on September 11th. I am so excited! I’ve always wanted to see them dance.

Sincerely,

Chloe

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
September 5th, 2001

Dear Diary,

Today and yesterday we practiced safety and how we would get out if something happens. We practiced fire drills, tornado drills, and if a bomb hit something near us. I thought that was very weird because there is a very slim chance that a bomb will hit something near us. I told Daddy and he said that it was good that we practiced that. Dinnertime got to go.

Sincerely,

Chloe

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
September 7th, 2001

Dear Diary,

I am so bored! There’s nothing to do. I don’t have any homework, Sarah’s busy, Mommy just called and told me that she is staying late, and Daddy’s still at work. I wish Daddy would come home soon. I want to take a walk in Central Park with him.

Sincerely,

Chloe

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
September 9th, 2001

Dear Diary,

Daddy finally came home on Thursday, but it was too late to go for a walk. Today we went to see the Statue of Liberty. She is humongous! We went all the way up to the crown. We had to wait 2 and a half hours. I had a lot of fun!

Sincerely,

Chloe

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
September 11th, 2001

Dear Diary,

I am so scared and I’m shaking. Do you want to know why? Today when I was at school all of the sudden the teachers turned on the news. It said that a plane crashed into the Twin Towers. Daddy’s in there! Then another plane crashed into the Pentagon. Our principal told the teachers to turn off the TV’s. So we had to turn them off. All I wanted to do is be with Daddy. Mommy took me out of school and we went home and just sat there waiting. I didn’t know what to do. I was shaking and crying. Mommy hugged me and said that they’ll find him. Mommy turned on the news and it said firefighters are searching through the rubble for missing people that were in the Twin Towers. As soon as they said that, Mommy and I ran out the door and to this place where there were all these pictures of people that are missing. When Mommy and I saw that, we wrote something too: If you find Robert Carter, please call 724-486-6310. He is badly missed by his family. Please come home to us. We Love you and may God be with you.

Sincerely,

Chloe

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
September 12th, 2001

Dear Diary,

No one has notified us about Daddy. I am so nervous! Mommy didn’t give me my Birthday presents yesterday because of the tragedy. I don’t really care about my presents anymore. All I want for a late Birthday Present is for Daddy to come home. Mommy told me yesterday that she gave a picture of Daddy to a firefighter. Mommy said that we might as well have my cake. When I blow out my candles I’m going to wish for Daddy to be okay and for him to come home to us.

Sincerely,

Chloe

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
September 13, 2001

Dear Diary,

I am so excited! A firefighter called this afternoon and said that they might have found Daddy! He’s not sure, though, because the firefighter died that had Daddy’s picture. The firefighter told us that he got trapped in the rubble. Mommy says that we should be thankful that they might have found him. I know, but I still feel bad for all the families that still didn’t get news on their family.

Sincerely,

Chloe

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
September 14, 2001

Dear Diary,

I think my birthday wish is almost going to come true. I just hope that we get word on Daddy soon. I don’t think Mommy or I can take the suspense. Mommy said that I should have Sarah over so the time will go by faster. I suppose she’s right. Well I got to go. Mommy said that I should call Sarah before lunch.

Sincerely,

Chloe

P.S. If you are wondering about why I am having Sarah over on a school day, it is because Mommy doesn’t want me to go back until we get word on Daddy. Sarah’s uncle was in the Twin Towers too. She’s not allowed to go to school either.



$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
September 15, 2001

Dear Diary,

Today the fire department called and said that it is Daddy! They told us to come down to the NYC hospital. As soon as Mommy hung up the phone, we ran out to the car and got in it as fast as we could. When we arrived, Mommy asked for Robert Carter’s room and she said room 12. When we went up there the room was empty. When we saw a doctor and asked if they had moved him, he told us that Daddy died. He said that Daddy was unconscious when he arrived. When a nurse was in there getting his clothes she said that his heart rate was really low. They did everything they could, but it didn’t work. Mommy and I both started crying. When we went home, we got all of the photo albums out and looked at them. It made us sad to see all the memories that we had with him. I will always remember how he took me to the Mets game, when we went to the Statue of Liberty, and when went to the Hardrock Café. I will miss him so much! I will always remember him as my daddy and a wonderful person.

Sincerely,

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment